Returning LLC Student Housing Application Process 2021-2022
What happens after you apply for upperclass housing?
Students who completed an application for 2021-2022 housing by March 29th will be able to participate in Roommate Search, Self-Assign, and Room Swap. Here’s what you need to know about the next steps:
Those with completed applications will receive an email on April 14 with their Room Selection Number and the details below. The lower a students’ number, the closer to the front of the digital line they are.
Looking for a roommate?
Tuesday, March 30 at 4 p.m. ET – Tuesday, April 14 at 8 a.m. ET
- Students living in LLCs and the Second Year Experience will only see roommate options from within their LLC or Second Year Experience.
- In My Housing, students will be able to search for roommates and create roommate groups.
- Identify who in your group has the lowest (thus best) Room Selection Number. They will have the earliest time ticket and should be prepared to assign a room for the group.
- Know who you want to live with? Link up with them using the “add known roommates” feature.
- Looking to find roommates? Search by “profile” or “suggested roommates”
- Compare profiles and find new potential roommates based on how they match with your profile.
- Be sure to accept your group’s invitation before Self-Assign begins!
Ready to Self-Assign?
Thursday, April 15 – Thursday, April 29
- Self-Assign for LLCs and the Second-Year Experience will take place first on April 14. During this time, only LLC and Second-Year Experience rooms will show on the Available Rooms page.
- An email will go out with to each student on April 14 with their individual time ticket and a link to the Available Rooms page
- At the time of your ticket, you can assign yourself or your roommate group to an available room in the MyHousing Portal.
- The Available Rooms page will show availability in real time. We recommend you review the available rooms page beginning the 15th, and make a list of a few options that work for you.
- If you don’t get your top choice, don’t worry! Room Swap starts after this phase, when you can explore options and switch around your housing assignment within the LLC or Second-Year Experience rooms.
- If you choose not to participate in Self-Assign, the Assignments team will choose a room for you after April 29.
- The following groups will not participate in Self-Assign, but instead have their assignments made for them: WST and I-House
Need to Swap?
Early May – Friday, August 6
- We know many things can change between May and the start of fall. Whether you need to change your room assignment or your roommate group, you can make a switch to other available spaces in the MyHousing portal during Room Swap.
- Many reasons for room swaps are case dependent – please reach out to email@example.com with your questions about the best choices for you.
- If your plans change and you no longer require campus housing, you can cancel your housing application on the Resources tab in MyHousing. Some fees may apply depending on when you cancel. You can reapply later should you decide you need housing for 2021-2022.
- The Department of Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to re-assign students for the purpose of consolidation.